The Answers You Need
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. The equine network is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our social media, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How do you use my data?
The equine network (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide and promote our network, events, goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
We may use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest offers.
We aim to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. changing marketing preferences via your own account
2. making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts; and/or
contacting its via the contact channels set out on the website.
we may well analyse your browsing and purchasing activity, both on-line and via Facebook, twitter and other digital platforms and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated processing).
Web Banner Advertising
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products, services and events you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
These advertisements are provided by ourselves and our partner via market leading specialist providers using ‘cookies’ placed on your computer or other devices ( You can remove or disable cookies at any time - see below for further information.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers. We only allow its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
We will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- our carefully selected partners who provide products and services if we have your consent to do so;
- credit reference agencies and payment card issuers (such as Visa, Mastercard and American Express) where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our partners and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on our websites;
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with M&S; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you subscribe on our websites, or send an email to the network. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
We also receive personal data from trusted third parties who provide services to our customers which we use to analyse customer behaviour and improve our tailored marketing.
How do we protect your data?
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular data security incident planning
- testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- network policies setting out our data security approach and training for any internet and SM partners.
Please do contact the equine network at email@example.com if you wish to ask any questions or raise an issue with your data protection. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.